Once again we will be holding the above tournament on the 30th December and the emphasis will once more be on the fun side of the event.
For any of you that may not know the background to this competition I was asked last year by Peter Rooke if I could set something up to celebrate the life of his son Bradley. After discussion we decided that there were probably already enough “serious” competitions at Desert Springs so we settled on trying to come up with something original and different from anything you might do anywhere else. The emphasis was very much to be on the less serious side of golf!
As I have already said this year will be no different:
Firstly the format
- A team Texas Scramble with teams drawn randomly
- Maximum 3 clubs and a putter per person with no club sharing in the team
- Scoring to be medal with each team receiving 10% of combined exact handicap
- A minimum of 3 drives per person per team to count
- Entry to be under your Porn Star name – this year to be a combination of one of your pet’s (current or former) names and either your middle name or mother’s maiden name.
Now the dress code
As wild as you like – all golf club dress rules go out of the window
- Fancy dress if you wish
- Themed if you wish
- Or come as you are
- Just try to make everyone else laugh!
- For the best team score on the day
- For the best “Dressed Man” on the day
- For the best “Dressed Woman” on the day
- For the worst team score on the day
25 Euros for members and 65 Euros for guests – This year we decided to include the Menu del Dia in the price to encourage everyone to stay on in the clubhouse and share the festive spirit (not to mention the many and varied stories from the day!). Tournament entrance forms are available at the Golf reception.
For further information contact: Vice-Captain Phillip Lockyer
Telephone: +44 (0) 7768 045 066