It is with pleasure and pride that we announce that Desert Springs Resort & Golf Club has been awarded by the Sistema Integral de Calidad Turística En Destino (SICTED) the distinction of ‘Commitment to Tourism Quality’.
Promoted by the Ministry of Tourism with the support of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP), SICTED works with companies and touristic services throughout 32 categories of business that include; hotels, restaurants, sports facilities and public transportation to name but a few, with the objective to ensure the quality of touristic destinations and to guarantee the positive experience and satisfaction of its visiting tourists.
Over an eight month period, Desert Springs Resort has been enrolled within the SICTED program and has now become one of only seven 18-Hole Golf Clubs out of the 201 in Spain that have been awarded the SICTED Distinction.
The SICTED certification distinguishes those establishments that stand out for the quality of their facilities as much as the service provided in all aspects of interaction with the customer. In particular, Desert Springs Resort has been recognised for the quality of the superb Indiana golf course and it’s excellent practice facilities and standards of service provided to its guests, as well as the quality of the service and food provided within El Torrente restaurant.
Additionally, SICTED has also awarded its Distinction to ‘The Lodge @ Desert Springs’ for the quality of it properties available to rent and the standards of service provided to our visitors.
Almanzora Group Sales and Marketing Manager, Simon Coaker, remarked:
“These awards provide a true sense of pride for the entire team at Desert Springs Resort.
They demonstrate recognition and confirmation to our business of our unwavering commitment to the delivery of excellence in not only our sports and leisure facilities provided for the enjoyment of all, but also the highest level of service the whole team at Desert Springs strive to deliver on a daily basis to all guests.
The awards certify our compliance with the requirements of the SICTED methodology and the quality of the systems and thorough procedures which are in place to ensure a consistent delivery of this quality and recognise the efforts and commitment to quality and continuous improvement, factors that distinguish Desert Springs Resort from others.”
For further information of the SICTED Program and the list of all of the establishments distinguished with this award in Spain click here.
Additional background Information
Desert Springs is easy to reach from the UK, thanks to three international airports. They are: Almeria Airport, around 40 minutes away by road; Murcia Airport, 80 minutes by car, and Alicante Airport which is a drive of less than two hours. Airlines currently flying to the region from the UK include easyJet, Monarch, Ryanair, Jet2, Jetair Fly and Thomas Cook.
Already well known as a resort specialising in golf and family holidays, Desert Springs is gaining popularity as a centre for warm-weather training for cricketers and footballers.
Accommodation is provided in the apartments and villas available for holidays and short breaks at Desert Springs. Meals are served in the resort’s Croc Restaurant, part of the family-friendly Crocodile Club that is geared up for a wide variety of leisure activities and the award winning El Torrente Restaurant at the Club House.
The Desert Springs Resort & Golf Club
Facilities already completed and in use at Desert Springs include:
- a par 72 -18-hole USGA Indiana golf course designed by former Great Britain and Ireland Golf Team Captain Peter McEvoy who was inspired by the desert courses of Arizona and California;
- a golf academy whose PGA qualified teaching professionals cater for several international teams, for the women’s elite squads of the Golf Union of Wales and for many of the English County Union’s elite squads; PGA European Tour and LET players;
- two hard tennis courts, two paddle courts, beach volley ball and two football pitches – one is a full-size grass pitch; the other is designed for five-a-side games;
- a Cricket Academy with facilities that comprise; a nineteen bay grass wicket and run up with nets, a two bay artificial wicket with nets, a full length artificial grass wicket, a Professional Bola Bowling Machine with 28 ball feeder, a slip catch cradle and a specific hard standing area, which provides outside space for facilities such as a free weights gym, stretching mats and a medical area;
- a Spanish colonial style Golf Club House with a lounge, bar, restaurant, locker rooms, TV and reading rooms, and a Ralph Lauren Golf Boutique;
- The Crocodile Club which provides family fun at the heart of the resort with pools, equipped sand play areas, a kid’s battery powered John Deere Gator circuit and a games room as well as a jacuzzi, sun lawns and a pool bar;
- a health and fitness club and spa.
Desert Springs has been awarded the Daily Mail Best Almeria Award and the Bentley International Property Awards for the Best Spain Development and Best Architecture, as well as the Spanish National Madera Verde Prize for Environmentally Sensitive Development. El Torrente Restaurant has received the New Millennium International Gastronomy Award for the Tourist, Hotel and Catering Industry. This award was created by the Trade Leaders Club with the aim of distinguishing companies from all countries, for the outstanding quality of their products or services.
The climate of the Almanzora coastal region
Desert Springs takes it name from the region’s desert microclimate, which is unique in Europe. It has the warmest winter weather on the continent with an annual average of more than nine hours of daily sunshine and maximum daily temperatures of between 16°C (60°F) and 30°C (86°F) throughout the year. Annual rainfall is less than 200 mm. The Almanzora’s coastal waters are among the cleanest and warmest in Europe, attracting both fish and diving enthusiasts.
The Almanzora Group Ltd
The Manor, Boddington, Cheltenham,
Gloucestershire GL51 0TJ