It is a pleasure for me to be your Captain this year at Desert Springs and to represent you during the period 1st April 2011 to 31st March 2012 and welcome all our Members and Owners to enjoy their golf and social events.
Firstly I would like to introduce you our committee for this year:
|Handicaps Committee:||Paul Taylor|
|Handicaps Committee:||Lynne Taylor|
|Competitions Committee:||Gerard Ulijn|
|Competitions Committee:||Stephen Armstrong|
|Advisory committee member and past Captain||Philip Lockyer|
With their knowledge and help and your participation in the tournaments I am sure the year is going to be a successful one. Our next committee meeting is scheduled on 15th April 2011 and any suggestions from you would be appreciated.
Our Charities this year are as follows:
- Asociación de Minusválidos de Cuevas del Almanzora
- El teléfono de la Esperanza de Almería
- Niños sin hogar de Honduras
We start with four very important Competitions during APRIL, The Indiana Masters, The Club Championship and Handicap Salver: the winners of these events will have their names on the Honour Boards located in the Clubhouse.
Upcoming Tournaments – April:
- The Indiana Masters – Saturday and Sunday – 9th & 10th April.
- The Easter Cup – Sunday – 24th April.
- The Club Championship & Handicap Salver – Tuesday and Wednesday – 26th & 27th April.
- The Captain´s Drive-In – Friday 29th April.
- The Indiana Masters – 10th April. Prize giving and Menu del Día at El Torrente Restaurant.
- Cultural Visit to Cuevas – 28th April. Guided visit of Cuevas, including the cave museum, the castle, the townhall, and the 16th century church, followed by a lunch with traditional food in town.
- The Club Championship – 27th April. Prize giving and Honor’s Dinner, at El Torrente Restaurant, entertained by Ellen and Jim. With special presents in the raffle.
- The Captain’s Drive-in – 29th April. La Feria de Abril at Desert Springs . Please dress Spanish theme. Bucks Fizz on the 1st tee, mulligans and little Spanish flags to mark my drive-in available for sale.
- Buffet, mini-market, entertained by LA TUNA , a group of student minstrels (not a big fish) in the Crocodile Restaurant.
- Prize-giving Captain’s Drive-In.
Novelties in my Captaincy year:
- Our Golf Professional, José Ignacio Olea and myself will challenge the Members/Owners in teams of 2 players to raise money for charity. The winners will be the best score against us during the year and a special prize will be awarded.
- Golf knock-out competition to run from 1st October 2011 to 31st March 2012.
- Charity buggy – half of this buggy’s takings will be for charity.
- Golf trip to Madrid is planned in September 2011 to challenge members of La Moraleja Golf Club.
- We will include in all competitions nearest to the pin and special prizes will be given for gross birdies on every calendar competition.
- Ladies lunch every first Monday of the month, 14.00 p.m.
Looking forward to seeing you all at Desert Springs,
Wikkie de Graaf – Club Captain
For further information contact: Wikkie de Graaf
Telephone: +34 655 411 673