Due to the success of the innaugural event held in 2010, Desert Springs has been selected to host the ‘II Millfield Family Golf Open’ between Sunday 28th to Tuesday 30th October 2012.
Widely recognised as a school with one of the most extensive range of sporting facilities in Britain – including two 18-hole golf courses and a driving range – Millfield, the independent school in Street, Somerset, established its golf academy in 1998.
In 2009 Millfield named the Desert Springs Resort and Golf Club in the Almeria region of south-east Spain as the official Spanish Home for its golf academy and recently announced its renewal of that agreement for a further period of 3 years.
Karen Nicholls, Millfield School Director of Golf remarked, “The aim of this event is to raise the awareness to both parents and children of the outstanding coaching programme in place at Millfied School for its academy students. The event provides an opportunity for parents and children to meet personally with Millfield School’s Headmaster, staff, the PGA Professionals responsible for their golfing education, current Millfield golf academy pupils who will be at the resort competing in the innaugural ‘Desert Springs & Millfield European Schools Team Championships’ and to introduce them to the superb training facilities available at Desert Springs.”
The event package for the ‘II Millfield Family Golf Open’ costs £396 per pair and comprises the following:
- 3 Nights resort accommodation at Desert Springs
- Breakfast each morning at ‘El Torrente Restaurant’
- Welcome Party and presentation at the ‘Cave Bar’ from Craig Considine, Millfield School Headmaster
- Coaching each day from Millfield Golf Academy PGA Professionals
- One practice round and Two competition rounds of golf on the Indiana course (4 Ball-Better-Ball format)
- Prize giving drinks reception and presentation followed by a Gala dinner at ‘El Torrente Restaurant’
If you would like to join in the ‘II Millfield Family Golf Open’ then please contact Karen Nicholls, Director of Golf at Millfield School for further information.
For further information please contact: Karen Nicholls
Tel: +44 (0) 1458 444 201